Welcome to the City of FlorenceFlorence is a city in and the county seat of Lauderdale County, Alabama, United States, in the northwestern corner of the state. According to the 2010 census, the city’s population was 39,319. Florence is the largest and principal city of the Metropolitan Statistical Area known as “The Shoals.” Florence is considered the primary economic hub of northwestern Alabama.
- Population in 2014: 40,215
- Population change since 2010: 2.2%
- Median resident age in 2013: 38.3
- Median household income 2014: $35,632
- Est. median home value in 2014: $119,200