Welcome to the City of Gulf ShoresGulf Shores is a coastal city, located in Baldwin County, Alabama on the Gulf of Mexico. The population of Gulf Shores in 2000 was 5,044, with 2,344 permanent households. It is home to a constantly changing population. Summer months generate a surge of tourists estimated in the hundreds of thousands. In addition, we are visited in the winter months by a large population known as “snowbirds.” Snowbirds visit Gulf Shores for as many as three to five months during the winter and spring, and then return to their primary residences in northern states for the remainder of the year.
- Population in 2014: 10,963
- Population change since 2000: 217%
- Median resident age in 2014: 48.1
- Median household income 2014: $45,777
- Est. median home value in 2014: $221,600