Welcome to Jefferson CountyAs the most populous county in Alabama, Jefferson County is home to nearly 700,000 residents. The county is located in the north-central area of the state and has about 20 major state highways and interstates. From upscale dining and shopping to rural farming areas, Jefferson County has a diverse and thriving business community.
- Population in 2014: 660,793
- Housing units in 2014: 305,040
- Median Household income 2010-14: $45,239
- Land area in square miles in 2010: 1111
- Total number of firms in 2007: 55,470