Welcome to the City of MontgomeryThe capital city of Alabama has been the epicenter of history in the state; from the Confederacy to the grounds of the Civil Rights Movement. Today, Montgomery is best known for its renaissance of historic downtown and redevelopment of the riverfront, as well as a showplace of southern hospitality, beautiful weather, and high-tech jobs.
- Population in 2014: 194,481
- Population change since 2010: -0.3%
- Median resident age in 2013: 36.9
- Median household income 2014: $39,241
- Est. median home value in 2014: $123,600