Welcome to Shelby CountyShelby County is the fastest growing county in the State of Alabama. Encompassing approximately 800 square miles in Central Alabama, the County offers diverse amenities in a temperate climate with dramatic landscapes. Recreational opportunities flourish throughout the County, from our city and county parks to the 10,000-acre Oak Mountain State Park.
- Population in 2014: 206,655
- Housing units in 2014: 83,498
- Median Household income 2010-14: $69,723
- Land area in square miles in 2010: 785
- Total number of firms in 2007: 18,383