Welcome to Tuscaloosa CountyHome to Alabama’s flagship university, museums, concerts, arts festivals, and a thriving manufacturing base and over 202,000 residents, Tuscaloosa County has long been the heart of West Alabama. Our county is nestled on the banks of the Black Warrior River, which rises in the extreme southern edges of the Appalachian Highlands.
- Population in 2014: 202,212
- Housing units in 2014: 87,795
- Median Household income 2010-14: $46,448
- Land area in square miles in 2010: 1322
- Total number of firms in 2007: 14,729